why register a mark?
In the current competitive business environment, companies and individuals in business are increasingly focused on protecting their marks from misappropriation and misuse in order to build a reputation in the relevant market and allow consumers to more efficiently make decisions in that market. Therefore, registering and monitoring your trademarks and service marks is of critical importance.
what is a trademark or service mark?
The trademarks or service marks not only consist of words, designs and symbols. Trademarks are source identifiers that distinguish a business’ goods or services from those manufactured or sold by others. They include sounds, colors, product configurations, and scents. Trademarks and service marks communicate valuable information to consumers at lower costs and help retain consumer’s confidence in the goods and services offered.
We work with early stage businesses that need help launching a brand as well as with already established companies that need help in managing and protecting their brands.
The Firm’s services include:
- Providing counsel on trademark screening/selection, availability and usage at the state and federal levels.
- Registering proposed trademarks and service marks with the United States Patent and Trademark Office and Florida Intellectual Property Office.
- Helping clients monitor enforcement of their trademarks and service marks, including trademark opposition and cancellation/expungement proceedings.
- Preparing mark assignments and other transactions.
- Performing due diligence and intellectual property audits on trademarks for mergers, acquisitions, technology transfers, and other commercial transactions.
USPTO: Introducción al Proceso de Registro de Marcas (Spanish Subtitles).